Who wouldn’t love to get an extra 15 minute of sleep every morning and wake up to an already prepared breakfast? Ummm, my husband, that’s who! Lucky for him, I created an easy and delicious recipe that can be prepared ahead of time, which allow him that extra rest in the morning.
For as long as I’ve known him, he’s always had boring oats for breakfast. When I say boring, I mean it! There were days we would run out of milk so he would use water instead, eww! and I felt he really needed to enjoy his breakfast so I stepped in. Firstly, I got some amazing breakfast jars made by Kilner which have a spoon attached to the jar, making preparing easy and eating on the run even easier.
The lids double as measuring cups (50g) which are the perfect amount for breakfast. I use a mix of plain organic rolled oats and organic muesli/granola. I pre-mix them with one part granola to 2 parts rolled oats and have them ready in my Little Label Co canisters. For the jars, I one lid full (50g) approx of the oats so a total of 350g for the 7 days breakfasts. Below is the recipe with step by step images on how I prepare them.
- 350 g oats mix made up of 230g rolled oats & 120 granola/muesli mix
- 7 tbsp dried fruit and nuts
- 7 tsp honey
- 3 1/2 tsp chia seed
- 7 cups cups milk of choice. (I use home made cashew milk)
- mixed berries of choice. (I use blueberries and raspberries)
- Measure approx 50g oats
- Add 1 tablespoon dried fruit and nut mix
- Add 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
- Add 1 teaspoon honey
- Add cup milk of your choice ( I use homemade cashew and coconut milk)
- Mix the ingredients until honey is dissolved. Add berries (approx 3-4), close and refrigerate.
By the morning the chia seeds would have expanded and the oats softened. It is a great filling breakfast, full of fibre.